Schedule of Events
Below is the programme for our events we have planned for this year. There won’t be any stalls on the Thursday or Friday and the street will continue to be open for these days. On the Saturday night the road will be closed with stalls throughout the street.
The Committee will be at the pier head with a few extra events that you can enter so please come along to see what we have in store! There is something for everyone!
Thursday 12th August
- 10.30am onwards – Scarecrow competition – Build your scarecrow and have it on display for everyone to see! Your entries must be up by this time. Please send your entries to Janice Stanger via messenger or on 07732410091 with your name, age and where your scarecrow is
- 10.30-12pm – Arts and crafts at the Stromness community centre
- 2pm – Doughnut Eating Competition at the Market Green (under 16s only)
Friday 13th August
- 10.30-2.30pm – Magalan Themed Arts and Crafts run by the museum (limited numbers only so booking is essential) held at the warehouse buildings
- 11am – Fancy Dress Three-legged juice race at the Market Green
- 1-2.30pm – Arts and Crafts at the Stromness community centre
- 8pm for a 8.30pm start – The Fancy Dress Daft Raft starting at Ness pier (fancy dress compulsory!)
Saturday 14th August
- 10.30am-12pm – Arts and Crafts at the Stromness community centre
- 10am-1pm – Speed Pool Competition Stromness community centre
- 2-3pm – Orkney Amateur Weight Lifting Club are hosting a Tug O’ War Competition to aid with fundraising for the club. So, if you are a sports club, committee or just want to get a group of friends together, come show us your strength and have a laugh! Deadline for entries is the 11th August!
- 11am – Fun Harbour Swim (previously the Holms race) this is not a competition just a fun swim in the harbour. Allocated piers only. Please contact Sarah Taylor for more details (07979574995)
- 3-8pm – The street in Stromness will be closed and there will be a range of stalls with shops staying open later throughout the town. There will also be some background music from various local artists
- 10.30pm – Fireworks display to finish off the end to a fantastic few days .
- Odd man out competition – Pop past the committee at the pier head to collect a sheet! Over 20 shops are participating
- Car Treasure Hunt – Pop past the committee to collect a sheet no time restriction for this event. Entries must be in and completed by the Saturday at 4pm
- Kids scavenger hunt – Again the sheets will be at the pier head pop past to get one and take your time, entries need to be in by 4pm Saturday!